- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons Robbins Family Farm Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Keller Banyuls Mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1 cup Olevano or Kreta Reserve extra virgin olive oil
In a blender combine the egg substitute, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. With the blender running add the olive oil one drop at a time until creamy. Then add the remainder of the olive oil in a slow thin stream. Be patient and do not rush the addition of the oil. If the oil is added too fast the egg will coagulate and the mixture will separate and you will have wasted a lot of beautiful olive oil! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week. This is delicious with grilled fish, in tuna salad, chicken salad or on your favorite sandwich.
From our best area chefs:
Love going to Extra Virgin an Olive Ovation. I want to have everything there in my pantry.
- Ben Poremba, Olio, Elaia
Marianne Prey is a wealth of knowledge. Every time I go in there, I learn something new about olive oil.
- Gerard Craft, Niche, Brasserie, Taste, Pastaria
I like Extra Virgin An Olive Ovation for imported mustards, vinegars and olive oils. Incorporating these ingredients into a dish can change it significantly. For instance, a Zinfandel vinegar over a dessert is divine, and mustard in a soup is quite amazing.
- Natasha Kwan, Frida's Deli