Black Olive Tapenade
- 3/4 cup pitted black Beldi olives
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 anchovy fillets, patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh flat parsley
- 2 tablespoons sweet Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup Castelas extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- fresh ground pepper to taste
In a food processor, process olives capers, anchovies, garlic, cheese, parsley and wine until coarsely chopped. With processor running stream in oil until blended. Fold in nuts and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Cover and chill 12 hours before serving.
From our best area chefs:
Love going to Extra Virgin an Olive Ovation. I want to have everything there in my pantry.
- Ben Poremba, Olio, Elaia
Marianne Prey is a wealth of knowledge. Every time I go in there, I learn something new about olive oil.
- Gerard Craft, Niche, Brasserie, Taste, Pastaria
I like Extra Virgin An Olive Ovation for imported mustards, vinegars and olive oils. Incorporating these ingredients into a dish can change it significantly. For instance, a Zinfandel vinegar over a dessert is divine, and mustard in a soup is quite amazing.
- Natasha Kwan, Frida's Deli