Balsamic Bloody Mary
(Courtesy of a dedicated Extra Virgin customer!)
- 24 ounces V8 juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper, preferably Tellicherry peppercorns
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish, divided
- 4 teaspoons Curry Mango Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 ounces Vodka
- 4 celery ribs, with leaves
- 8 Extra Virgin Private Label olives stuffed with your choice of garlic, habanero, jalapeno, capers, onions or sun-dried tomatoes
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
In a 2 quart pitcher, combine the V8, celery seed, ground pepper, lemon and lime juices, 2 tablespoons of the horseradish, Curry Mango Balsamic, and hot pepper sauce. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Rim four 12 ounce, glasses with fleur de sel (optional). Fill each glass with ice. Add 2 ounces of vodka. Top with 6 ounces of V8 mix.
Sprinkle each glass with the remaining horseradish, add a celery stick, and two olives on a cocktail pick. Squeeze one wedge of lime before dropping the wedge into the glass. Serve to your very best friends!
From our best area chefs:
Love going to Extra Virgin an Olive Ovation. I want to have everything there in my pantry.
- Ben Poremba, Olio, Elaia
Marianne Prey is a wealth of knowledge. Every time I go in there, I learn something new about olive oil.
- Gerard Craft, Niche, Brasserie, Taste, Pastaria
I like Extra Virgin An Olive Ovation for imported mustards, vinegars and olive oils. Incorporating these ingredients into a dish can change it significantly. For instance, a Zinfandel vinegar over a dessert is divine, and mustard in a soup is quite amazing.
- Natasha Kwan, Frida's Deli