Fig and Spice Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1/2 cup Alili Carob Seed Honey
- 1/3 cup water
- A few sprigs of favorite herbs, such as sage, basil, rosemary, thyme
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Fig & Spice Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 to 8 ounces young, fresh goat cheese
- 12 slices baguette-type French bread, cut diagonally about 1/2-inch thick, toasted
Combine honey and water in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add herb sprigs, lower heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until total amount of liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Remove from heat. Strain to remove herbs. Stir in balsamic vinegar and let cool.
Spread goat cheese thickly on toasted bread. Drizzle with balsamic-honey syrup and serve.
From our best area chefs:
Love going to Extra Virgin an Olive Ovation. I want to have everything there in my pantry.
- Ben Poremba, Olio, Elaia
Marianne Prey is a wealth of knowledge. Every time I go in there, I learn something new about olive oil.
- Gerard Craft, Niche, Brasserie, Taste, Pastaria
I like Extra Virgin An Olive Ovation for imported mustards, vinegars and olive oils. Incorporating these ingredients into a dish can change it significantly. For instance, a Zinfandel vinegar over a dessert is divine, and mustard in a soup is quite amazing.
- Natasha Kwan, Frida's Deli