Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey mustard (available at specialty foods shops and some supermarkets) 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons Katz Late Harvest Zinfandel Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
In a bowl whisk together the mustard, the gingerroot, the vinegar, the soy sauce, and the garlic paste. Add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified. Stir in the chives and salt and pepper to taste. Toss the dressing with salad greens
From our best area chefs:
Love going to Extra Virgin an Olive Ovation. I want to have everything there in my pantry.
- Ben Poremba, Olio, Elaia
Marianne Prey is a wealth of knowledge. Every time I go in there, I learn something new about olive oil.
- Gerard Craft, Niche, Brasserie, Taste, Pastaria
I like Extra Virgin An Olive Ovation for imported mustards, vinegars and olive oils. Incorporating these ingredients into a dish can change it significantly. For instance, a Zinfandel vinegar over a dessert is divine, and mustard in a soup is quite amazing.
- Natasha Kwan, Frida's Deli