Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 12 seedless cucumbers (1 ½ to 1 3/4 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup B.R. Cohn California Unfiltered Golden Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon B.R. Cohn Balsamic Shallot Mustard
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoon B.R. Cohn Picholine Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cut cucumbers into thin (1/16-inch) rounds with an adjustable-blade slicer. Toss with 2 teaspoon salt in a colander, and drain 30 minutes. Squeeze excess liquid from cucumbers. Whisk together Golden Balsamic Vinegar, and mustard in a large bowl, then stir in cucumbers. Marinate, chilled, at least 2 hours. Drain cucumbers, reserving marinade, and mound on lettuce. Whisk Picholine Extra Virgin Olive Oil into reserved marinade and drizzle over salad.
From our best area chefs:
Love going to Extra Virgin an Olive Ovation. I want to have everything there in my pantry.
- Ben Poremba, Olio, Elaia
Marianne Prey is a wealth of knowledge. Every time I go in there, I learn something new about olive oil.
- Gerard Craft, Niche, Brasserie, Taste, Pastaria
I like Extra Virgin An Olive Ovation for imported mustards, vinegars and olive oils. Incorporating these ingredients into a dish can change it significantly. For instance, a Zinfandel vinegar over a dessert is divine, and mustard in a soup is quite amazing.
- Natasha Kwan, Frida's Deli